Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let the rambling begin

So I have decided to start a blog. I have no idea why, it just seemed like the thing to do.

Let me get one thing straight....I have no grand ideas that this blog will change the world. In fact I will be very surprised if any one other than my close circle of family and friends read it occasionally.

That being said, if for some reason known only to you, you decide to follow my ramblings..Welcome! I will try and make sense most of the time!

For those of you who do not know me very well, let me introduce myself. My name is Misti and I am a home school mom. Oh wait, you probably figured that out. Well, in case you didn't count the kids in the picture, I have six. Yes six. Yes they are all mine, and yes they keep me very busy, and no I wouldn't have it any other way! My husband and I have been married for almost thirteen years. Like most marriages, some years have been better than others, but the tough ones have only made us more in love with each other and with God.

I should let you know that you will hear me talk about God a lot in this blog. That is because He is the center of my life. Without Him in control I would be a complete wreck. Now, I am not a religious person. I don't read my Bible as much as I should, and there have been plenty of Sundays when I have lain in bed trying to come up with excuses not to go to church. What I have is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Like all human relationships, it is continually growing and changing. Unlike human relationships, this one will never fail. I will not use this blog to "preach". If you have a question about my faith, I will be more than willing to answer it. But it is pretty simple. I have been set free from the power of sin and death through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Back to my life...it is full, but there is always room for more! My husband and I feel it is our duty to find our children's talents, and then provide them every opportunity to use them. So my afternoons are pretty full getting one to gymnastics, one to music lessons, one to art classes, and one to karate. Yes that is only four, but the other two are only 3 and 19 months. Their time will come! The rest of my day is spent with the usual mom and wife stuff. Cooking, cleaning (or supervising as my kids would say) giving out school lessons, and helping my husband with his business. (He is the best fireplace and stone guy in the world..no joke!)

I plan to use this blog as an outlet for my thoughts and ideas. My husband is always telling me to "Let it out, don't hold it in, tell people how you really feel!" So here goes.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, can't wait to hear more of your thoughts!

    Consider me a subscriber. :-)

    ReplyDelete